S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Radiology (영상의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_영상의학전공)
CT and MR imaging of the buccal space: normal anatomy and abnormalities
- Kim, Hyo Cheol; Han, Moon Hee; Moon, Min Hoan; Kim, Ji Hoon; Kim, In One; Chang, Kee Hyun
- Issue Date
- The Korean Radiological Society
- Korean J Radiol 2005;6:22-30
- The buccal space is an anatomical compartment lying anterior to the masticator space and lateral to the buccinator muscle. Since the major purpose of imaging is to define the likely anatomic origin and also the extent of a given lesion, thorough knowledge of the normal anatomy of the buccal space is essential, and this knowledge can aid the physician in narrowing down the list of possible maladies on the differential diagnosis. We illustrate here in this paper the important anatomic landmarks and typical pathologic conditions of the buccal space such as the developmental lesions and the neoplastic lesions. Knowledge of the expected pathologic conditions is useful for the radiologist when interpreting facial CT and MR images.
- 1229-6929 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.