S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Mechanical Aerospace Engineering (기계항공공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_기계항공공학부)
An off-line navigation of a geometry PIG using a modified nonlinear fixed-interval smoothing filter
- Yu, Jaejong; Lee, Jang Gyu; Park, Chan Gook; Han, Hyung Seok
- Issue Date
- Control Engineering Practice, 13(11), 1403–1411.
- Extended Kalman filter; Nonlinear smoothing; Strapdown inertial navigation system; Geometry PIG
- In this paper, a modified nonlinear fixed-interval smoothing filter is proposed for an off-line Strapdown Inertial Navigation
System (SDINS) suitable for a geometry Pipeline Inspection Gauge (PIG). The proposed smoothing filter has a two-filter structure and a modified propagation and update equation for the backward filter. A complete smoothing algorithm with the modified backward filter is successfully applied to the geometry PIG developed by Korea Gas Company and Seoul National University, demonstrating that the proposed smoothing filter provides accurate navigation data in a harsh physical environment.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.