S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
A 3-year longitudinal evaluation of subpedicle free connective tissue graft for gingival recession coverage
- Lee, Yong-Moo; Kim, Jin Y.; Seol, Yang-Jo; Lee, Young-Kyu; Ku, Young; Rhyu, In-Chul; Han, Soo-Boo; Choi, Sang-Mook; Chung, Chong-Pyoung
- Issue Date
- American Academy of Periodontology
- J Periodontol 2002;73:1412-1418
- Gingival recession/surgery; tooth root/surgery; gingival recession/therapy; follow-up studies; grafts, connective tissue; surgical flaps
- Background: The purpose of this study was to longitudinally evaluate, over a 3-year period, the reduction of gingival recession through use of a subepithelial free connective tissue graft placed under a coronally advanced partial-thickness pedicle flap.
Methods: Twenty-one buccal recession defects (mean 3.67 mm; range 3 to 4.5 mm; Miller Class I, II, and III) in 15 patients were treated using this technique. Amount of gingival recession (GR), clinical attachment loss (CAL), and width of keratinized gingiva (WKG) were followed for 3 years after surgery. The measurements were performed at presurgery, and 1, 3, 6, 12, 18, 24, and 36 months postsurgery.