S-Space College of Nursing (간호대학) The Research Institute of Nursing Science (간호과학연구소) Journal Papers (저널논문_간호과학연구소)
한국 췌장이식 수혜자들의 심리사회적 적응
Psychosocial Adjustment of Pancreas Transplant Recipients in Korea
- 홍점자; 임경춘; 하희선; 김인옥; 이순행; 전미경; 강영아
- Issue Date
- 대한질적연구학회지, Vol.1 No.1, pp. 20-31
- 췌장이식 수혜자들의 심리사회적 적응 과정; 의약학; 췌장; 이식; 당뇨병; 심리사회적 적응; 근거이론; Transplants; Type 1 diabetes mellitus; Life change events; Grounded theory
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to develop a theory describing the experiences of psychosocial adjustment (process) among the recipients of pancreas transplantation in Korea. Methods: Data were collected by individual in-depth interviews with nine recipients of pancreas transplantation during 2010-2011. The data were transcribed and analyzed using grounded theory method to identify psychosocial adjustment process. Results: As a result of constant comparative analysis, "Pursuing ordinary life to free fromrestraints of diabetes" emerged as the core category. Five stages emerged: 1) Temporal liberation and satisfaction; 2) Disappointing with regrets and anger; 3) Facing up to the reality to be thankful; 4) Executing self-initiated management; and 5) Peaceful acceptance of reality as it is. "Excessive expectation" and "social support" are other categories that influenced the process. Conclusion: The results of this study indicate that health professionals need to provide tailored and balanced information to recipients of pancreas transplantation both before and after the transplantation to relieve psychosocial distress after the transplantation.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.