S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_의학과)
Validation of the Korean Version of the DN4 Diagnostic Questionnaire for Neuropathic Pain in Patients with Lumbar or Lumbar-Radicular Pain
- Kim, Ho-Joong; Park, Joon-Hee; Bouhassira, Didier; Shin, Jae-Hoon; Chang, Bong-Soon; Lee, Choon-Ki; Baek, Chang Hyun; Yeom, Jin S.
- Issue Date
- YONSEI UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- YONSEI MEDICAL JOURNAL Vol.57 No.2, pp. 449-454
- Neuropathic pain; Korean language; Douleur Neuropathique 4 questionnaire; psychometric validation
- Purpose: To evaluate the diagnostic value of the Korean version of the Douleur Neuropathique 4 (DN4) questionnaire and to validate this questionnaire in terms of psychometric properties in patients with chronic pain due to degenerative spinal disease.
Materials and Methods: The Korean version of the DN4 questionnaire, which was translated and linguistically validated by the MAPI Research Group, was tested on 83 patients with lumbar or lumbar-radicular pain. Test-retest reliability was evaluated in a subsample of 40 patients who completed two assessments with an interval of 2 weeks. Nociceptive pain and neuropathic component pain were diagnosed in 40 and 43 patients, respectively.
Results: The Cronbach’s α coefficient of internal consistency was 0.819, and the test-retest intraclass correlation coefficient (3, 1) (95% confidence interval) was 0.813 (0.776-0.847) (n=40). The area under the receiver-operator characteristics curve was 0.953 (p< 0.001), with 95% confidence interval between 0.869 and 0.990. The Korean version of the DN4 questionnaire showed a sensitivity of 100% and 87.1%, and a specificity of 88.2% and 94.1% at the cutoff value of 3/10 and 4/10, respectively, for discriminating neuropathic component pain.
Conclusion: The present study demonstrated the good discriminatory power of DN4 between nociceptive pain and neuropathic component pain in patients with lumbar or lumbar-radicular pain.
- Files in This Item: