S-Space College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (농업생명과학대학) Dept. of Forest Sciences (산림과학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_산림과학부)
Relationship between characteristics of ethanol organosolv lignin and productivity of phenolic monomers by solvolysis
- Kim, Ho-Yong; Jang, Soo-Kyeong; Hong, Chang-Young; Choi, Joon Weon; Choi, In-Gyu
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- Fuel, Vol.186, pp. 770-778
- Relationship between characteristics of ethanol organosolv lignin and productivity of phenolic monomers by solvolysis; 자연과학; Ethanol organosolv lignin; Combined severity factor; Nitrobenzene oxidation; Solvolysis; Phenolic monomers
- This paper describes the effect of the structural properties of ethanol organosolv lignin (EOL) on the productivity of phenolic monomers by solvolysis. EOL was isolated from yellow poplar as a function of the fractionation combined severity (CSF). Structural properties of EOL such as volatile matter, molecular weight, and nitrobenzene oxidation (NBO) yield were significantly decreased with the increasing severity.
The highest EOL yield (12.9 wt.%) was obtained at CSF 2.0, but it also showed a significant decrement of NBO yield and molecular weight, and as a result, the yield of phenolic monomers after solvolysis was low (23.3 mg/g EOL). Despite of slight low fractionation yield (9.0 wt.%), the maximum yield of phenolic monomers after solvolysis was obtained from EOL fractionated at CSF 0.6 (40.4 mg/g EOL; 3.6 g/kg dry biomass), which has a considerably high NBO yield and aryl-ether linkages than EOL fractioned at higher CSF.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.