S-Space College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (농업생명과학대학) Dept. of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering (생태조경·지역시스템공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_생태조경·지역시스템공학부)
Structural effects of concrete lining for concrete-lined corrugated steel pipes
- Kang , J.S.; Davidson, J.S.
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol.9 No.2, pp. 130-140
- Structural effects of concrete lining for concrete-lined corrugated steel pipes; 자연과학; concrete-lined corrugated steel pipe; CLCSP; concrete lining; culvert; finite element analysis; soil-structure interaction
- This article presents the results of an analytical study on the structural behaviour of buried concrete-lined corrugated steel pipe (CLCSP). CLCSP combines the hydraulic characteristics of concrete pipe with an extended service life compared to unlined corrugated pipe. It is typically factory manufactured and shipped to the jobsite for roadway drainage applications. However, recent investigations have also demonstrated the ability to rehabilitate deteriorating metal culverts using a spray-on mortar lining approach. Since the primary intent of the concrete liner of manufactured CLCSP is to prevent abrasion and corrosion and improve the hydraulic performance, design guides for metal culverts lined with concrete have not been developed. A better understanding of the structural significance and the effect of the concrete lining on the strength of CLCSP is therefore needed. This study evaluated the structural effects of the concrete lining in CLCSP using finite element analysis and detailed soil modelling and proposes a design methodology for CLCSP.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.