S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Laboratory Medicine (검사의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_검사의학전공)
TAP1 and TAP2 gene polymorphisms and HLA-TAP haplotypes in Koreans based on 90 families
- Whang, Dong Hee; Park, Hyejin; Roh, Eun Youn; Park, Myoung Hee
- Issue Date
- Hum Immunol. 2005 Sep;66(9):998-1007. Epub 2005 Aug 16.
- ATP-Binding Cassette Transporters/*genetics; Gene Frequency; HLA-DQ Antigens/*genetics; HLA-DR Antigens; Haplotypes; Histocompatibility Antigens Class II/*genetics; Korea/epidemiology; *Polymorphism, Genetic; Recombination, Genetic
- We have investigated the polymorphism of TAP genes and the distribution of human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-TAP haplotypes in 90 Korean families (180 parents and 233 children), previously typed for HLA class II alleles. TAP1 (codons 333 and 637) and TAP2 (codons 379, 565, 577, 651, 665, and 687) typings were carried out by use of polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism method. For TAP1, four alleles (gene frequency: A 81.9%, B 15.0%, C 2.5%, D 0.5%) and for TAP2, nine alleles (A1 31.7%, A2 14.2%, B 32.5%, Bky2 6.1%, C 6.9%, D 2.5%, E 3.9%, G 0.8%, and H 1.4%) were detected. Sixteen different TAP1-TAP2 haplotypes were observed with frequencies > 0.5%, and we found that significant linkage disequilibrium was present between TAP1 and TAP2 loci (p < 0.001). When HLA-DRB1-DQB1 haplotypes were extended to TAP1 and TAP2 loci, much diversification of haplotypes was observed: 26 different DRB1-DQB1 haplotypes (frequencies > 0.8%) formed 90 different extended haplotypes. Eight recombinant haplotypes between DQB1 and DPB1 loci were observed, and most (seven of eight) of the recombinations occurred between TAP2 and DPB1 loci. These results add more evidence to the view that recombination hot spot is present within and around TAP gene region.
- 0198-8859 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.