S-Space Graduate School of International Studies (국제대학원) Dept. of International Studies (국제학과) Theses (Master's Degree_국제학과)
Wired For War: An Analysis of United States Cyber Security Against a Rising China
하이테크 전쟁: 중국의 부상에 대응하는 미국의 사이버 안보에 관한 연구
- 에멧 존슨
- Jiyeoun Song
- 국제대학원 국제학과
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 국제대학원
- 학위논문 (석사)-- 서울대학교 국제대학원 국제학과, 2017. 8. Jiyeoun Song.
- The United States hegemony is challenged by China. With Chinas economic and military rise, it is inevitable a power transition will take place. In this power transition from the United States to China, the use of cyberspace will be prevalent. This thesis proposes the United States public and private sector should form a partnership that uses a multifaceted approach in protecting its interests against China. The tenets of the multifaceted approach are: 1. Dialogue between the United States government and private sector which involves inviting private sector leaders to discuss pervasive issues in cyber security
2. Create special commission on cyber security that passes legislation to update and protect cyber security of the public and private sector
3. Reanalyze open source and consider block chain and create a comprehensive crisis management plan
4. Honor the U.S.-China cyber agreement and discuss the importance of cyber security with Chinese stakeholders
5. Punish Chinese citizens who engage in espionage and push for international law for cybersecurity. This multifaceted approach is a strategy that would enhance U.S. cyber defense and protect its vital interests against a rival China.