S-Space College of Business Administration/Business School (경영대학/대학원) Dept. of Business Administration (경영학과) Theses (Master's Degree_경영학과)
The Effect of Sales Downside Risk on Cost Stickiness
Cited 0 time in Web of Science Cited 0 time in Scopus
- 경영대학 경영학과
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 대학원
- Cost stickiness ; Sales downside risk ; Sales total risk ; Earnings downside risk ; Earnings total risk ; Managerial ability
- 학위논문 (석사)-- 서울대학교 대학원 : 경영대학 경영학과, 2018. 2. 황인이.
- Understanding the behavior of cost is essential in managerial accounting. This paper is about managers cost decisions under uncertainty, specifically whether managers understand risk on sales and incorporate such risk into cost decisions. Following method of calculating earnings downside risk, I constructed a sales expectation model and measured sales downside risk, and evaluated how managers react to sales downside risk. I find that: (1) under sales downside risk, managers have cost structure with lower fixed costs and higher variable costs, resulting in less sticky cost behavior
(2) under sales overall risk, managers have cost structure with higher fixed costs and lower variable cost, resulting in more sticky cost behavior
(3) managers care more about risk on sales than risk on earnings when they make cost decisions
and (4) high-ability managers better understand such risks than low-ability managers.
- Files in This Item:
Items in S-Space are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.