S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Thoracic Surgery (흉부외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_흉부외과학전공)
Alternative Fontan connection for apicocaval juxtaposition
- Lim, Hong Gook; Kim, Woong-Han; Oh, Sam-Se; Lim, Cheong; Kim, Soo-Jin; Lee, Young Tak; Kim, Soo-Cheol
- Issue Date
- Ann Thorac Surg. 2005 Mar;79(3):1047-9.
- Abnormalities, Multiple/*surgery; Child, Preschool; Fontan Procedure/*methods; Heart Defects, Congenital/*surgery; Humans; Male; Vena Cava, Superior/*abnormalities/*surgery
- We present an alternative technique to the modified Fontan procedure used in a 3-year-old boy who had complex heart defects with bilateral superior vena cava and apicocaval juxtaposition. The left superior vena caval pathway was used behind the ventricle to connect the inferior vena cava to the pulmonary artery. We proved the technical feasibility of this with good midterm results at the 5-year follow-up angiography.
- 1552-6259 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.