S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Molecular and Genomic Medicine (분자유전체의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_분자유전체의학전공)
Chromosomal constitution of embryos derived from tripronuclear zygotes studied by fluorescence in situ hybridization using probes for chromosomes 4, 13, 18, 21, X, and Y
- Pang, Myung-Geol; Jee, Byung-Chul; Kim, Seok-Hyun; Ryu, Buom-Yong; Oh, Sun-Kyung; Suh, Chang-Suk; Moon, Shin-Yong
- Issue Date
- Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2005;59(1):14-8. Epub 2004 Aug 18.
- *Chromosome Aberrations; *Chromosomes, Human; Embryo, Mammalian/*physiology; Fertilization in Vitro; Humans; In Situ Hybridization, Fluorescence/*methods; *Sex Chromosomes; Zygote
- This study was designed to assess the chromosomal constitution and segregation patterns of cleaving embryos derived from tripronuclear zygotes. Thirty-two embryos obtained from 19 conventional IVF patients were analyzed by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) using probes for chromosomes 4, 13, 18, 21, X, and Y. Sixteen embryos (50.0%) exhibited uniform, non-mosaic patterns. These embryos showed pure triploid (n = 7), pure diploid (n = 7), or pure haploid (n = 2). The remaining 16 embryos showed mosaic patterns; 1 was triploid-diploid mosaics, 9 were diploid-haploid, and 4 were haploid only. Autosomal aneuploidy occurred in 2 embryos showing a triploid complement. The sex chromosomal constituent XXX:XXY:XYY was 3:4:2 in embryos showing a pure triploid complement (including 2 embryos with aneuploidy). This ratio was not significantly different from the expected 1:2:1 (p = 0.96). Pure triploid was found in 41.7% of 2-cell embryos, but no triploid complement was found in 3-cell embryos. The present study also supports the diandric origin of tripronuclear zygotes in the conventional IVF, and, to our knowledge, is the first study to use simultaneous six-color FISH for chromosomes 4, 13, 18, 21, X, and Y in human embryos. However, no additive information was obtained about chromosome 4.
- 0378-7346 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.