S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Surgery (외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_외과학전공)
Proliferation of activated CD1d-restricted NKT cells is down-modulated by lymphocyte activation gene-3 signaling via cell cycle arrest in S phase
- Byun, Hyun-Jung; Jung, Woon-Won; Lee, Dong-Sup; Kim, Sanghee; Kim, Sang Joon; Park, Chung-Gyu; Chung, Hee Yong; Chun, Taehoon
- Issue Date
- Cell Biol Int. 2007 Mar;31(3):257-62. Epub 2006 Nov 14.
- Animals; Antigens, CD/*immunology; Antigens, CD1/*immunology; Cell Proliferation; Down-Regulation; Gene Expression Regulation/*immunology; Immunologic Factors; Killer Cells, Natural/*cytology/*immunology; Lymphocyte Activation/*genetics; Mice; S Phase/genetics; Signal Transduction/*immunology; Transduction, Genetic
- Upon antigenic stimulation, CD1d-restricted NKT cells quickly secrete large amounts of cytokines. This prompt response demonstrates that CD1d-restricted NKT cells may potentially prove to be useful therapeutic agents for the treatment of many diseases. Despite the clinical importance of CD1d-restricted NKT cells, the regulating mechanisms of this unique T cell population remain to be defined. We found murine LAG-3 is inducible on CD1d-restricted NKT cells as the result of a variety of stimulants such as concanavalin A (con A) and anti-CD3. Also, antigen-specific CD1d stimulation can elicit LAG-3 in CD1d-restricted NKT cells. Moreover, ectopic LAG-3 expression on CD1d-restricted NKT cells results in cell cycle arrest in the S phase. These results show that LAG-3 signaling on activated CD1d-restricted NKT cells may down-modulate NKT cell proliferation.
- 1065-6995 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.