S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Neurosurgery (신경외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_신경외과학전공)
Aseptic meningitis after embolization of cerebral aneurysms using hydrogel-coated coils: report of three cases
- Im, S-H; Han, M H; Kwon, B J; Jung, C; Kim, J E; Han, D H
- Issue Date
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2007 Mar;28(3):511-2.
- Aged; Coated Materials, Biocompatible/adverse effects; Embolization, Therapeutic/*adverse effects/*instrumentation; Female; Humans; Hydrogel/adverse effects; Intracranial Aneurysm/*therapy; Male; Meningitis, Aseptic/*etiology; Middle Aged; Platinum; *Postoperative Complications
- SUMMARY: We report the development of aseptic meningitis in 3 patients with aneurysms treated with hydrogel-coated coils. Patients presented with febrile meningeal syndromes during the 24 hours following the procedures and responded to corticosteroids. One of them developed delayed hydrocephalus that required treatment with a ventriculoperitoneal shunt. Aseptic meningitis is one of the important complications related to hydrogel-coated coils that should be recognized. More information based on the posttreatment surveillance after use of hydrogel-coated coils is required.
- 0195-6108 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.