S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Neurosurgery (신경외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_신경외과학전공)
Inflammatory pseudotumor in the epidural space of the thoracic spine: a case report and literature review of MR imaging findings
- Seol, Ho Jun; Kim, Sam Soo; Kim, Ji Eun; Lee, Sang Hyung; Won, Jun Yeon
- Issue Date
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2005 Nov-Dec;26(10):2667-70.
- Adult; Diagnosis, Differential; Epidural Space/pathology/radiography; Granuloma, Plasma Cell/*diagnosis; Humans; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Male; Spinal Diseases/*diagnosis; Thoracic Vertebrae/pathology/radiography; Tomography, X-Ray Computed
- We present a rare case of pathologically proven inflammatory pseudotumor in the thoracic spine. The lesion showed an isointense signal on T1-weighted images, a heterogeneous iso- and hyperintense signal on T2-weighted images, and strong homogeneous enhancement. There was no evidence of abnormalities in the adjacent bone. Whereas the exact pathogenesis of this lesion is unknown, it has been regarded as an unusual response to insults such as trauma or acute infection, a post-inflammatory reparative process, or low-grade malignancy.
- 0195-6108 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.