S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Surgery (외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_외과학전공)
Intraoperative gastroscopy for gastric surgery
Cited 42 time in Web of Science Cited 44 time in Scopus
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Surg Endosc. 2005 Oct;19(10):1358-61
- Gastric Mucosa ; Humans ; Stomach Neoplasms/*surgery ; Gastroscopy ; Intraoperative Care
- BACKGROUND: Few reports are available on the use of intraoperative gastroscopy for gastric surgery. METHODS: The details of 33 patients (25 early gastric cancers and eight gastric submucosal tumors) who underwent intraoperative gastroscopy from June 2003 to June 2004 were analyzed. The type of operation or resection margin was determined by evaluating both sides of the stomach simultaneously by combined operative and gastroscopic methods. RESULTS: Preoperative endoscopic clipping was done preferentially for early gastric cancer. However, when precise localization was needed, intraoperative gastroscopy was used. Curative gastric resection was possible in 25 early gastric cancer patients after accurate lesion localization. Laparoscopic wedge resections of submucosal tumors were performed in seven patients without stenosis by combined laparoscopic and gastroscopic methods. CONCLUSIONS: Intraoperative gastroscopy can be used effectively during gastric surgery for early gastric cancer or submucosal tumors and can be regarded as a modern stethoscope to gastric surgeons.
- 1432-2218 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원)Surgery (외과학전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_외과학전공)
Items in S-Space are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.