S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Emergency Medicine (응급의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_응급의학전공)
Time for change: the state of emergency medical services in South Korea
- Lee, Christopher C; Im, Mark; Suh, Gil-Joon
- Issue Date
- Yonsei University College of Medicine
- Yonsei Med J. 2006 Aug 31;47(4):587-8.
- Cause of Death; Emergency Medical Services/*trends; Emergency Medicine/*standards/trends; Humans; Korea; Wounds and Injuries/*therapy
- Trauma is the leading cause of death among people younger than 40 years of age in South Korea. This demographic represents the productive members of Korean society, yet little is being done to correct this growing problem. The preventable death rate in Korea is estimated to be approximately 60%, which is unacceptable given Korea's growing economy and available resources.
- 0513-5796 (Print)