S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Ultrapure green light-emitting diodes using two-dimensional formamidinium perovskites: Achieving recommendation 2020 color coordinates
- Kumar, Sudhir; Jagielski, Jakub; Kallikounis, Nikolaos; Kim, Young-Hoon; Wolf, Christoph; Jenny, Florian; Tian, Tian; Hofer, Corinne J.; Chiu, Yu-Cheng; Stark, Wendelin J.; Lee, Tae-Woo; Shih, Chih-Jen
- Issue Date
- Nano Letters, Vol.17 No.9, pp.5277-5284
- Colloidal 2D perovskites; formamidinium lead bromide; dielectric quantum wells; Rec. 2020; ultrapure green; light-emitting diodes
- Pure green light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are essential for realizing an ultrawide color gamut in next-generation displays, as is defined by the recommendation (Rec.) 2020 standard. However, because the human eye is more sensitive to the green spectral region, it is not yet possible to achieve an ultrapure green electroluminescence (EL) with a sufficiently narrow bandwidth that covers >95% of the Rec. 2020 standard in the CIE 1931 color space. Here, we demonstrate efficient, ultrapure green EL based on the colloidal two-dimensional (2D) formamidinium lead bromide (FAPbBr(3)) hybrid perovskites. Through the dielectric quantum well (DQW) engineering, the quantum-confined 2D FAPbBr(3) perovskites exhibit a high exciton binding energy of 162 meV, resulting in a high photoluminescence quantum yield (PLQY) of similar to 92% in the spin-coated films. Our optimized LED devices show a maximum current efficiency (eta(CE)) of 13.02 cd A(-1) and the CIE 1931 color coordinates of (0.168, 0.773). The color gamut covers 97% and 99% of the Rec. 2020 standard in the CIE 1931 and the CIE 1976 color space, respectively, representing the "greenest" LEDs ever reported. Moreover, the device shows only a similar to 10% roll-off in eta(CE) (11.3 cd A(-1)) at 1000 cd m(-2). We further demonstrate large-area (3 cm(2)) and ultraflexible (bending radius of 2 mm) LEDs based on 2D perovskites.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.