S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Preparation of LiCoPO4 and LiFePO4 coated LiCoPO4 materials with improved battery performance
- Jang, Il-Chan; Lim, Hyunhe; Lee, Seungbyung; Karthikeyan, K.; Aravindan, V.; Kang, Kisuk; Yoon, Wonsub; Cho, Won Il; Lee, Yun-sung
- Issue Date
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol.497 No.1-2, pp.321-324
- Lithium cobalt phosphate; Lithium ion phosphate; Surface coating; Sol-gel method; Solid-state reaction
- Olivine LiCoPO4 material has been successfully synthesized by solid-state reaction method without any carbon coating. The X-ray diffraction pattern shows that LiCoPO4 has a well developed orthorhombic structure with Prima space group The SEM analysis shows the particulate nature of the prepared materials with <200 nm size. The TEM analysis confirms that a 2-3 nm thick LiFePO4 layer is coated onto LiCoPO4. The LiFePO4 coated LiCoPO4 cell delivers a high initial discharge capacity of 132 mAhg(-1), which is 19 mAhg(-1) higher than the parent LiCoPO4 Furthermore, the LiFePO4 coated LiCoPO4 cell exhibits an improved capacity retention compared to the original LiCoPO4 during cycling Crown Copyright (C) 2010 Published by Elsevier B V. All rights reserved
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.