S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Ophthalmology (안과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_안과학전공)
Effect of base curve radius of therapeutic lenses on epithelial healing after laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy
- Issue Date
- Korean Journal of Ophthalmology
- Korean J Ophthalmol. 2007 Jun;21(2):85-9.
- Adult ; Contact Lenses, Hydrophilic/*standards ; Epithelium, Corneal/*pathology ; Equipment Design ; Female ; Follow-Up Studies ; Humans ; Keratectomy, Subepithelial, Laser-Assisted/*methods ; Male ; Postoperative Period ; Prospective Studies ; Refraction, Ocular ; Refractive Errors/pathology/*therapy ; Surface Properties ; Treatment Outcome ; Visual Acuity ; Wound Healing
- PURPOSE: To determine the effect of the base curve radius (BCR) of therapeutic soft contact lens (T-lens) on epithelial healing after laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy (LASEK). METHODS: Ninety-two eyes in 47 patients with myopia were prospectively evaluated after LASEK. All the patients wore T-lenses with the BCR (R1) randomly chosen after LASEK. The T-lenses were removed after complete healing of the epithelial wounds. We calculated an estimated BCR (R2) from postoperative topography using a diopter conversion table. The patients were divided into two groups according to the differences between the BCR (R1) and the estimated BCR (R2). The flat fitting group was R1 > R2 (Group A), and the steep fitting group was R1R2) had 53 eyes, and Group B (R1
- 1011-8942 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.