S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Ophthalmology (안과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_안과학전공)
Effect of base curve radius of therapeutic lenses on epithelial healing after laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy
- Seo, Je Hyun; Wee, Won Ryang; Lee, Jin Hak; Kim, Mee Kum
- Issue Date
- Korean Journal of Ophthalmology
- Korean J Ophthalmol. 2007 Jun;21(2):85-9.
- Adult; Contact Lenses, Hydrophilic/*standards; Epithelium, Corneal/*pathology; Equipment Design; Female; Follow-Up Studies; Humans; Keratectomy, Subepithelial, Laser-Assisted/*methods; Male; Postoperative Period; Prospective Studies; Refraction, Ocular; Refractive Errors/pathology/*therapy; Surface Properties; Treatment Outcome; Visual Acuity; *Wound Healing
- PURPOSE: To determine the effect of the base curve radius (BCR) of therapeutic soft contact lens (T-lens) on epithelial healing after laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy (LASEK). METHODS: Ninety-two eyes in 47 patients with myopia were prospectively evaluated after LASEK. All the patients wore T-lenses with the BCR (R1) randomly chosen after LASEK. The T-lenses were removed after complete healing of the epithelial wounds. We calculated an estimated BCR (R2) from postoperative topography using a diopter conversion table. The patients were divided into two groups according to the differences between the BCR (R1) and the estimated BCR (R2). The flat fitting group was R1 > R2 (Group A), and the steep fitting group was R1R2) had 53 eyes, and Group B (R1
- 1011-8942 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.