S-Space College of Natural Sciences (자연과학대학) Dept. of Biological Sciences (생명과학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_생명과학부)
Proposal to transfer Flavobacterium oceanosedimentum Carty and Litchfield 1978 to the genus Curtobacterium as Curtobacterium oceanosedimentum comb. nov.
- Kim, Byung Kwon; Kim, Ok-Sun; Moon, Eun Young; Chun, Jongsik
- Issue Date
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol.296 No.1, pp.137-141
- Flavobacterium oceanosedimentum; 16S rRNA gene; gyrB; reclassification; Curtobacterium oceanosedimentum
- Flavobacterium oceanosedimentum Carty & Litchfield 1978(AL) had been described as a novel species in the genus Flavobacterium on the basis of phenotypic characteristics, although the organism shows a high G+C content, a property never found in the other members of the genus. In this study, we re-evaluated the taxonomic position of F. oceanosedimentum using a polyphasic approach. The 16S rRNA gene sequence of F. oceanosedimentum ATCC 31717(T) indicated that it is closely related to the genus Curtobacterium in the class Actinobacteria, showing 96.5-99.9% similarity values to Curtobacterium spp. Phylogenetic analysis based on the gene encoding the gyrase subunit B (gyrB) and DNA-DNA hybridization suggest that F. oceanosedimentum represents a separate species in the genus Curtobacterium, which is also supported by comparative analysis of cellular fatty acid profiles and a large array of phenotypic traits. We therefore propose to transfer F. oceanosedimentum to the genus Curtobacterium as Curtobacterium oceanosedimentum comb. nov.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.