S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Ophthalmology (안과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_안과학전공)
Optical coherence tomographic finding in a case of macular coloboma
- Oh, Joo Youn; Yu, Young Suk; Hwang, Jeong-Min; Park, Kyu Hyung
- Issue Date
- Korean Journal of Ophthalmology
- Korean J Ophthalmol. 2007 Sep;21(3):175-7.
- Child; Coloboma/*diagnosis; Fluorescein Angiography; Humans; Macula Lutea/*abnormalities; Male; *Tomography, Optical Coherence/standards
- PURPOSE: To report the optical coherence tomography (OCT) findings in a patient with unilateral macular coloboma. METHODS: A 12-year-old male was presented with macular coloboma in the left eye. The optical coherence tomography was performed with fluorescein angiography (FA). RESULTS: The OCT revealed the crater-like depression in the macula, demonstrating atrophic neurosensory retina, and an absence of retinal pigment epithelium and choroid in the lesion. FA showed hypofluorescence corresponding to the size of the lesion in both early and late frames without leakage of dye at any stage. CONCLUSIONS: The OCT can be beneficial to confirm the diagnosis of macular coloboma.
- 1011-8942 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.