S-Space College of Veterinary Medicine (수의과대학) Dept. of Veterinary Medicine (수의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_수의학과)
Mutagenicity of Recombinant Antihemophilic Factor (GC-γAHF)
- Shin, M; Kim, B; Mar, W; Fang, MZ; Son, J; Kim, M; Kwak, H; Bae, M; Byrun, T; Park, S; Chun, B; Byun, J; An, GW; Lee, B; Cho, Myung-Haing
- Issue Date
- Arzneimittel-Forschung/Drug Research, Vol.50 No.3, pp.316-321
- antihemophilic factor; Ames test; chromosomal aberration assay; micronucleus assay; supravital micronucleus assay
- This study was carried out to evaluate the mutagenic potential of recombinant antihemophilic factor VIII (GC-gamma AHF). Salmonella typhimurium (S. typhimurium) reversion assay with/without histidine moiety, chromosomal aberration assay on Chinese hamster lung (CHL) fibroblast cells and in vivo micronucleus assay using mouse bone marrow cells and supravital micronucleus assay using peripheral blood were performed. GC-gamma AHF containing histidine did show inconsistent and irregular mutagenic effects on S. typhimurium TA98, TA100, TA1535 and TA1537 both in the absence and presence of the metabolic activation system, however, GG-gamma AHF without histidine showed no mutagenic effects regardless of the metabolic activation system, thus suggesting that the histidine moiety in GC-gamma AHF might cause inconsistent mutagenic effect. Also GC-gamma AHF did not increase the number of cells having structural or numerical chromosome aberration in the cytogenetic test. In classical and supravital micronucleus assay, no significant increases were observed in the occurrence of micronucleated polychromatic erythrocytes and micronucleated peripheral lymphocytes in male ICR mice. These results strongly indicate that GC-gamma AHF has no generic toxicity under these experimental conditions.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.