S-Space College of Veterinary Medicine (수의과대학) Dept. of Veterinary Medicine (수의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_수의학과)
Fabrication of a Novel Core-Shell Gene Delivery System Based on a Brush-Like Polycation of alpha, beta-Poly (L-Aspartate-Graft-PEI)
- Yu, Jia-Hui; Quan, Ji-Shan; Kwon, Jung-Taek; Xu, Cheng-Xiong; Sun, Bo; Jiang, Hu-Lin; Nah, Jae-Woon; Kim, Eun-Mi; Jeong, Hwan-Jeong; Cho, Myung-Haing; Cho, Chong-Su
- Issue Date
- Pharmaceutical Research, Vol.26 No.9, pp.2152-2163
- core-shell nanoparticles; gene delivery; poly (L-succinimide); polyethylenimine; alpha, beta-Poly (L-aspartate-graft-PEI)
- A novel core-shell gene delivery system was fabricated in order to improve its gene transfection efficiency, particularly in the presence of serum. alpha, beta-poly (L-aspartate-graft-PEI) (PAE) was simply synthesized by ring-opening reaction of poly (L-succinimide) with low molecular weight (LMW) linear polyethylenimine (PEI, Mn = 423). PAE/DNA nanoparticles were characterized. Condensation and protection ability of plasmid by PAE were confirmed by agarose gel electrophoresis assay. Cytotoxicity of the polymer and polymer/DNA nanoparticles were measured by MTS assay. Gene transfection efficiencies were evaluated both in vitro and in vivo. Core-shell nanoparticles assembled between DNA and PAE showed positive zeta potential, narrow size distribution, and spherical compact shapes with size below 250 nm when N/P ratio is above 10. Cytotoxicity of PAE was rather lower than that of PEI 25K, while the most efficient gene transfection and serum resistant ability of PAE/DNA complexes were higher than that of PEI 25K. Bafilomycin A1 treatment suggested "proton sponge" mechanism of PAE-mediated gene transfection. PAE/pEGFP-N2 nanoparticles also showed good gene expression in vivo and were dominantly distributed in kidney, liver, spleen and lung after intravenous administration. The results demonstrated the potential use of PAE as an effective gene carrier.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.