S-Space Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology (융합과학기술대학원) Dept. of Molecular and Biopharmaceutical Sciences (분자의학 및 바이오제약학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_분자의학 및 바이오제약학과)
Chemopreventive activity of chlorophyllin against mouse skin carcinogenesis by benzo[a]pyrene and benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-dihydrodiol-9,10-epoxide
- Park, Kwang-Kyun; Surh, Young-Joon
- Issue Date
- Cancer Letters, Vol.102 No.1-2, pp.143-149
- chlorophyllin; chemoprevention; benzo[a]pyrene; benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-dihydrodiol-9,10-epoxide; 10-epoxide; anticarcinogen
- Chlorophyllin (CHL), the sodium and copper salt of chlorophyll, was tested for its chemopreventive activity against tumorigenesis induced by benzo[a]pyrene (B[a]P) and its ultimate electrophilic and carcinogenic metabolite, benzo[a]pyrene 7,8-dihydrodiol-9,10-epoxide (BPDE). Administration of CHL (15 mg/kg body wt) by gavage to female ICR mice 30 min prior to a topical application of B[a]P or BPDE resulted in significant reduction in both incidence and multiplicity of skin tumors initiated by these carcinogens. CHL was rapidly distributed in the skin and other tissues of mice after oral administration. Taken together, these results suggest that CHL is a potential chemopreventive agent.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.