S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Hydraulic Permeabilities of PET and Nylon 6 Electrospun Fiber Webs
- Hong, Kyung Hwa; Kang, Tae Jin
- Issue Date
- J Appl Polym Sci 2006, 100, 167
- electrospinning; nanofiber web; nylon 6; PET; hydraulic permeability; wicking; bapor transport rate; Darcy's law; Washburn's equation
- The morphological and hydraulic properties of electrospun ﬁber webs were investigated and compared with those of spunbond nonwoven fabrics. In this study,poly(ethylene terephthalate) (PET), hydrophobic polymer,and nylon 6, with some hydrophilic groups (amide groups), were used as the polymer materials to prepare spunbonds and electrospun ﬁber webs. The water permeabilities of PET and nylon 6 spunbonds followed the Darcys law, but those of PET and nylon 6 electrospun ﬁber webs showed properties that deviated from the Darcys law. On the other hand,the wicking phenomenon was observed in both nylon 6 spunbond and electrospun ﬁber webs, but no such phenomenon was observed in PET spunbond and electrospun ﬁber webs. The water vapor transport rates of PET and nylon 6 electrospun ﬁber webs were higher than those of PET and nylon 6 spunbonds.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.