S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Constitutive Equations Based on Cell Modeling Method for 3D Circular Braided Glass Fiber Reinforced Composites
- Lee, Wonho; Kim, Ji Hoon; Shin, Heon-Jung; Chung, Kwansoo; Kang, Tae Jin; Youn, Jae Ryoun
- Issue Date
- The Korean Fiber Society
- Fibers and Polymers, v.4(2), pp.77-83
- 3D circular braided glass fiber reinforced composites; Constitutive equations; Cell modeling method; Homogenization; Multi-level meshing; RTM (resin transfer molding)
- The cell modeling homogenization method to derive the constitutive equation considering the microstructures of the fiber reinforced composites has been previously developed for composites with simple microstructures such as 2D plane composites and 3D rectangular shaped composites. Here, the method has been further extended for 3D circular braided composites, utilizing B-spline curves to properly describe the more complex geometry of 3D braided composites. For verification purposes, the method has been applied for orthotropic elastic properties of the 3D circular braided glass fiber reinforced composite, in particular for the tensile property. Prepregs of the specimen have been fabricated using the 3D braiding machine through RTM (resin transfer molding) with epoxy as a matrix. Experimentally measured uniaxial tensile properties agreed well with predicted values obtained for two volume fractions.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.