S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Nonsteady Plane-strain Ideal Forming without Elastic Dead-zone
- Lee, Won Ho; Lee, Seok Won; Kang, Tae Jin; Chung, Kwansoo; Youn, Jae Ryoun
- Issue Date
- The Korean Fiber Society
- Fibers and Polymers, v.3(3), pp.120-127
- Rigid-perfect plasticity; Nonsteady bulk forming; Characteristic method; Orthogonal convective coordinate system
- Ever since the ideal forming theory has been developed for process design purposes, application has been limited
to sheet forming and, for bulk forming, to two-dimensional steady flow. Here, application for the non-steady case was made
under the plane-strain condition. In the ideal flow, material elements deform following the minimum plastic work path (or
mostly proportional true strain path) so that the ideal plane-strain flow can be effectively described using the two-dimensional
orthogonal convective coordinate system. Besides kinematics, schemes to optimize preform shapes for a prescribed final part
shape and also to define the evolution of shapes and frictionless boundary tractions were developed. Discussions include
numerical calculations made for a real automotive part under forging.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.