S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Ophthalmology (안과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_안과학전공)
The changes of posterior corneal surface and high-order aberrations after refractive surgery in moderate myopia
- Lee, Min Joung; Lee, Sang Mok; Lee, Hyun Ju; Wee, Won Ryang; Lee, Jin Hak; Kim, Mee Kum
- Issue Date
- Korean Journal of Ophthalmology
- Korean J Ophthalmol. 2007;21:131-136
- Adult; *Corneal Topography; Humans; Myopia/diagnosis/*physiopathology/*surgery; Postoperative Period; *Refractive Surgical Procedures; Severity of Illness Index
- PURPOSE: To compare forward shift of posterior corneal surface and higher-order aberration (HOA) changes after LASIK, LASEK, and wavefront-guided LASEK surgery in moderate myopia METHODS: One hundred eighty four eyes undergoing LASIK, LASEK and wavefront-guided LASEK with VISX STAR S4 were included in this study. The posterior corneal elevation was measured with Orbscan before, 2 and 4 months after surgery. Changes of the elevation were assessed using the difference map generated from preoperative and postoperative elevation maps. The values of higher-order aberrations were evaluated preoperatively and 2 months postoperatively with Wavefront aberrometer. RESULTS: The posterior corneal surface displayed forward shift of 27.2+/-11.45 micrometer, 24.3+/-9.76 micrometer in LASIK group, 23.4+/-10.5 micrometer, 23.6+/10.55 micrometer in LASEK group, 24.0+/-14.95 micrometer, 28.4+/-14.72 micrometer in wavefront-guided LASEK group at 2 months and 4 months, respectively. There were no statistically significant differences among those three groups, and between 2 and 4 months. The root mean score (RMS) of HOA was increased after LASIK and LASEK (p=0.000, p=0.000, respectively). The mean change of HOA-RMS was significantly smaller in wavefront-guided LASEK than LASIK or LASEK (p=0.000, p=0.000, respectively, Bonferroni-corrected). CONCLUSIONS: The changes of posterior corneal surface forward shift showed no difference among LASIK, LASEK and wavefront-guided LASEK in moderate myopia. HOAs were significantly increased after LASIK and LASEK. The changes of HOAs were significant smaller in wavefront-guided LASEK than LASIK or LASEK.
- 1011-8942 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.