S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Anatomy (해부학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_해부학전공)
Reduced immunoreactivities of a vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide receptor (VPAC1 receptor) in the cerebral cortex, hippocampal region, and amygdala of aged rats
- Joo, Kyeung Min; Chung, Yoon Hee; Lim, Heon-chang; Lee, Kyung Hoon; Cha, Choong Ik
- Issue Date
- Brain Res. 2005 Dec 7;1064(1-2):166-72. Epub 2005 Nov 2.
- Aging/*metabolism; Amygdala/metabolism; Animals; Brain/*metabolism; Cerebral Cortex/metabolism; Hippocampus/metabolism; Immunohistochemistry; Male; Rats; Receptors, Vasoactive Intestinal Polypeptide, Type I/*metabolism; Tissue Distribution; Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide/*metabolism
- In this study, we examined expressional changes of VPAC1 receptor in aged rat brains using an immunohistochemical approach and found that its immunoreactivities are significantly reduced in the cerebral cortex, hippocampal region, and amygdala of aged rats. These results suggest that this reduction could underlie aging-associated memory/learning deficits and several other age-induced functional changes in these areas. However, the functional consequences of these down-regulations require further elucidation.
- 0006-8993 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.