S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Internal Medicine (내과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_내과학전공)
Utility of capsule endoscopy for the classification of Crohn's disease: a multicenter study in Korea
- Park, Cheol Hee; Kim, Jin Oh; Choi, Myung-Gyu; Kim, Kyung Jo; Kim, Young-Ho; Kim, Yong Sik; Kim, Tae Il; Do, Jae Hyuk; Ryu, Ji Kon; Moon, Jeong Seop; Park, Soo-Heon; Shim, Ki-Nam; Lee, Kee Myung; Lee, In Seok; Chun, Hoon Jai
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Dig Dis Sci. 2007 Jun;52(6):1405-9. Epub 2007 Apr 10.
- Adolescent; Adult; *Capsule Endoscopy; Child; Crohn Disease/*classification/*diagnosis; Female; Humans; Korea; Male; Middle Aged; Retrospective Studies
- Capsule endoscopy can detect lesions associated with Crohn's disease in the small bowel that go unrecognized by conventional radiologic imaging. The aim of this study was to assess the value of capsule endoscopy in the classification of patients with Crohn's disease. This study was carried out on 52 patients with known Crohn's disease. Small bowel follow-through findings were compared with capsule endoscopic findings. All patients were classified according to the extent of the disease: small bowel-colon type, small bowel type, or colon type. Seventeen patients who were reported as being normal showed evidence of small bowel Crohn's disease according to capsule endoscopy. Differences were observed between the small bowel follow-through and the capsule endoscopy classification (kappa=0.54). Treatment was changed based on the results of wireless capsule endoscopy in 15 patients.
- 0163-2116 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.