S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Psychiatry (정신과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Performance on the Benton Visual Retention Test in an educationally diverse elderly population
- Issue Date
- Gerontological Society of America
- Journals of Gerontology Series B 62(3):P191-P193
- Aging/*psychology ; Alzheimer Disease/diagnosis/psychology ; Early Diagnosis ; Female ; Humans ; Male ; Middle Aged ; Psychometrics ; Psychomotor Performance ; Educational Status ; Neuropsychological Tests ; Pattern Recognition, Visual ; Retention (Psychology)
- In this study, we investigated the effects of demographic variables on the performances of Administrations A and C of the Benton Visual Retention Test (BVRT) in a geriatric population with a wide range of educational achievement. We administered the test to 554 nondemented elders aged 60-90 years with an educational history of from zero to 25 years. Age and education significantly influenced Administrations A and C, although gender had no main effect. We observed significant Education x Gender interactions for Administrations A and C, Age x Gender interactions for Administration A, and Age x Education interactions for Administration C. Our results suggest that both nonverbal memory and constructional ability are influenced by age and education. Although there is no overall gender effect, men seem to outperform women in a poorly educated (for Administrations A and C) or relatively older (for Administration A) elderly population.
- 1079-5014 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.