S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (생화학교실) Journal Papers (저널논문_생화학교실)
Generation of reversible Rb-knockdown mice
- Choi, Yoon Sik; Lee, Jae Eun; Cheong, Cheolho; Sung, Young Hoon; Yang, Eun Young; Park, Chan Bae; Song, Jaewhan; Park, Sang Chul; Lee, Han-Woong
- Issue Date
- Mech Ageing Dev. 2005 Nov;126(11):1164-9.
- Animals; Cells, Cultured; Embryo, Mammalian/anatomy & histology/physiology; Gene Expression Regulation, Developmental; Mice; *Mice, Knockout; Mice, Transgenic; Phenotype; Retinoblastoma Protein/genetics/*metabolism; *Transgenes
- This study describes the generation of reversible Rb-knockdown mice using Tet-off system coupled with Rb-deficient mice currently available. Mice expressing pRB conditionally in Rb-/- background were generated by crossings P(hCMV)-tTA/TRE-Rb transgenic mice with conventional Rb+/- mice. Transgenic Rb was tightly controlled with reversibility and biologically effective as exemplified by cyclin E expression in a doxycycline-dependent manner in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. However, its ectopic expression was not sufficient to rescue the phenotypes of Rb-/- embryos at organismal level, suggesting the requirement of more sophisticated regulation of pRB. With all, these results demonstrate that our experimental strategy can be an alternative way to convert classical gene-disrupted mice into reversible conditional ones.
- 0047-6374 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.