S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Psychiatry (정신과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Development of a Korean version of the behavior rating scale for dementia (BRSD-K)
- Youn, Jong Chul; Lee, Dong Young; Lee, Jung Hie; Kim, Ki Woong; Jhoo, Jin Hyeong; Choo, Il Han; Paek, Yong Su; Jeon, Yong Ho; Seo, Kwan Woo; Woo, Jong Inn
- Issue Date
- Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2008 Jul;23(7):677-84.
- Adult; Aged; Aged, 80 and over; Cross-Cultural Comparison; Dementia/*psychology; Female; Humans; Korea; Male; Middle Aged; *Psychiatric Status Rating Scales; Psychometrics; Reproducibility of Results; Social Behavior Disorders/*diagnosis/etiology
- OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this study was to develop a Korean version of the behavior rating scale for dementia (BRSD-K) for evaluating behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia. METHODS: The BRSD-K was administered to the informants of 268 subjects with dementia. Internal, inter-rater and test-retest reliabilities were tested. To evaluate construct validity, exploratory factor analysis was performed. To evaluate concurrent validity, Pearson correlation coefficients between BRSD-K scores and the corresponding scores of the Korean version of the neuropsychiatric inventory (NPI-K) were calculated. RESULTS: BRSD-K demonstrated substantially high levels of reliabilities. Factor analysis identified seven factors, i.e. depressive symptoms, irritability/aggression, psychotic symptoms, behavioral dysregulations, sleep disturbance, inertia, and appetite. Correlations between BRSD-K and corresponding NPI-K scores were statistically significant (p < 0.05). CONCLUSIONS: BRSD-K was found to be a reliable and valid instrument for evaluating BPSD.
- 0885-6230 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.