S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Psychiatry (정신과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Family-based association study between GRIK2 polymorphisms and autism spectrum disorders in the Korean trios
- Kim, Soon Ae; Kim, Jin Hee; Park, Mira; Cho, In Hee; Yoo, Hee Jeong
- Issue Date
- Neurosci Res. 2007 Jul;58(3):332-5. Epub 2007 Mar 13.
- Adolescent; Autistic Disorder/epidemiology/*genetics; Child; Child, Preschool; *Family Health; Female; Gene Frequency; Genotype; Humans; Korea/epidemiology; Linkage Disequilibrium; Male; Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide/*genetics; Receptors, Kainic Acid/*genetics
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a complex neurodevelopmental disorder with strong genetic components. The present study comprises the detection of four single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in GRIK2 followed by a family-based association analysis of the SNPs in 126 Korean ASD trios by using the transmission disequilibrium test (TDT) and haplotype analysis. We found preferential transmission of the C allele at the rs3213607 (P<0.001) of GRIK2 in ASD and haplotype analysis revealed that one haplotype demonstrated a significant association (P=0.023). These results suggest a potential association between GRIK2 and ASD in the Korean population.
- 0168-0102 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.