S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Program in Cancer Biology (협동과정-종양생물학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_협동과정-종양생물학전공)
Belotecan, new camptothecin analogue, is active in patients with small-cell lung cancer: results of a multicenter early phase II study
- Lee, D H; Kim, S-W; Suh, C; Lee, J-S; Lee, J H; Lee, S-J; Ryoo, B Y; Park, K; Kim, J S; Heo, D S; Kim, N K
- Issue Date
- Oxford University Press
- Ann Oncol. 2008 Jan;19(1):123-7. Epub 2007 Sep 6.
- Aged; Antineoplastic Agents, Phytogenic/pharmacokinetics/*therapeutic use; Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols/therapeutic use; Camptothecin/adverse effects/*analogs &; derivatives/pharmacokinetics/therapeutic use; Carcinoma, Small Cell/*drug therapy; DNA Topoisomerases, Type I/antagonists & inhibitors; Disease-Free Survival; Female; Humans; Lung Neoplasms/*drug therapy; Male; Middle Aged; Neoplasm Proteins/antagonists & inhibitors; Neutropenia/chemically induced; Salvage Therapy; Treatment Outcome
- BACKGROUND: Belotecan (Camtobell, Chong Keun Dang Corp, Seoul, Korea; CKD602) is a new camptothecin analogue. This study aimed to investigate the safety and efficacy of single-agent belotecan for small-cell lung cancer (SCLC). PATIENTS AND METHODS: Twenty-seven patients with chemotherapy-naive or chemosensitive SCLC were treated with belotecan 0.5 mg/m(2)/day on days 1-5 of a 3-week cycle. All 27 patients were assessable for toxicity, and 21 patients assessable for response. RESULTS: Nine patients (42.9%) showed objective tumor responses including one complete response; seven (63.6%) in 11 chemotherapy-naive patients; and two (20.0%) in 10 chemosensitive patients. With a median follow-up of 5 years, median progression-free and survival time for chemotherapy-naive patients were 4.8 months and 11.9 months, respectively, while the corresponding values for chemosensitive patients were 3.3 months and 10.5 months, respectively. The most common toxicity was neutropenia. CONCLUSION: Belotecan was active in SCLC patients as a single agent, warranting further investigations of belotecan in combination with platinum or other active agents.
- 1569-8041 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.