S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Parasitology and Tropical Medicine (기생충학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_기생충학전공)
A case of anaphylactic reaction to praziquantel treatment
- Shen, Chenghua; Choi, Min-Ho; Bae, Young Mee; Yu, Gui; Wang, Shuhua; Hong, Sung-Tae
- Issue Date
- Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2007 Mar;76(3):603-5.
- Adult; Anaphylaxis/*chemically induced; Anthelmintics/*adverse effects; Clonorchiasis/drug therapy; Drug Eruptions/*etiology; Humans; Male; Praziquantel/*adverse effects
- A 35-year-old Chinese man was administered praziquantel for clonorchiasis, and 30 minutes later he experienced a sudden onset of itching urticaria over his entire body with dyspnea, palpitation, and dizziness. The patient had no recent medication history except for the praziquantel. He was diagnosed as having an anaphylactic reaction with skin eruptions induced by praziquantel. His symptoms subsided after a stomach wash and the administration of anti-anaphylactic medication in emergency department of a regional hospital in the People's Republic of China. The immediate type of hypersensitive reaction to praziquantel is plausible, and this reaction should be considered for praziquantel therapy.
- 0002-9637 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.