S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Ophthalmology (안과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_안과학전공)
Photodynamic therapy with verteporfin for juxtafoveal choroidal neovascularization in serpiginous choroiditis
- Park, Sung-Pyo; Ko, Dong-Ah; Chung, Hum; Yu, Hyeong Gon
- Issue Date
- Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2006 Sep-Oct;37(5):425-8.
- Adult; Choroidal Neovascularization/diagnosis/*drug therapy/etiology; Choroiditis/*complications/diagnosis; Coloring Agents/diagnostic use; Female; Fluorescein Angiography; Fovea Centralis; Humans; Indocyanine Green/diagnostic use; *Photochemotherapy; Photosensitizing Agents/*therapeutic use; Porphyrins/*therapeutic use; Tomography, Optical Coherence; Visual Acuity
- The authors describe a patient who underwent successful photodynamic therapy with verteporfin for juxtafoveal choroidal neovascularization complicated by serpiginous choroiditis. A 41-year-old woman presented with decreased vision and metamorphopsia in her right eye, which was diagnosed as a recurrence of serpiginous choroiditis at the first visit. Within a month, visual acuity had diminished to 20/1000 despite immunosuppressive treatment. At that time, indocyanine green angiography and optical coherence tomography revealed choroidal neovascularization in the juxtafoveal area. Photodynamic therapy with verteporfin was administered twice, after which juxtafoveal choroidal neovascularization regressed and her visual acuity improved to 20/20.
- 1542-8877 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.