S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Molecular and Genomic Medicine (분자유전체의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_분자유전체의학전공)
Typical atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia in a patient with fasciculoventricular pathway
- Choi, Yun-Shik; Choi, Eue-Keun; Oh, Seil
- Issue Date
- J Electrocardiol. 2007 Nov-Dec;40(6):535-8. Epub 2007 Jul 31.
- Adult; Bundle-Branch Block/*complications/*diagnosis; *Electrocardiography; Female; Heart Conduction System/*abnormalities; Humans; Tachycardia, Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry/*diagnosis/*etiology
- We report a 34-year-old female patient with preexcitation electrocardiogram and recurrent paroxysmal palpitations. Standard 12-lead electrocardiogram showed minimal preexcitation with normal PR interval and normal frontal QRS axis. The electrophysiologic study showed normal AH intervals, short HV intervals, and no change in the degree of preexcitation by rapid atrial pacing. These findings were compatible with the fasciculoventricular pathway. Typical atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia with narrow QRS complex and normal HV interval was induced reproducibly by programmed electrical stimulation. Slow pathway was ablated successfully with radiofrequency catheter ablation, and then the patient remained asymptomatic during a follow-up of 12 months. Although the fasciculoventricular pathway is rare and supraventricular tachycardia in a patient with fasciculoventricular pathway may mimic Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, possibility of typical atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia with fasciculoventricular pathway should be considered as a mechanism of supraventricular tachycardia in a patient showing preexcitation electrocardiogram.
- 1532-8430 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.