S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Iridoid 화합물이 치수절단 후 잔존치수 조직에 미치는 영향
THE EFFECT OF IRIDOID COMPOUND ON THE REMAINING PULP TISSUE AFTER PULPOTOMY
- 권혁춘; 박동성; 손호현
- Issue Date
- 대한치과보존학회지 22(2) : 710-719, 1997
- Aucubin, an iridoid glucoside, which is isolated form Aucuba japonica, has some biological effects. This study was to investigate the effect of aucubin on the remainig pulp tissues after pulpotomy. Mongrel dog's coronal pulps were mechanically exposed with a sterile round bur and excised with sterile sharp excarvator. After bleeding was controlled, in control group, Ca(OH)_2 powder was applied on the remaining pulps and the cavities were sealed with Z.O.E cement. In experimental group 1, mixed powder with Ca(OH)_2 and aucubin(1:1 by weight) was applied on the pulotomized pulp surfaces. After th cavities were covered with sterile aluminum foil, they were sealed with Z.O.E. cement. In experimental group 2, only aucubin powder was applied on the remaining pulps and then they were treated the same as experimental group 1. In the all groups, the pulps were histopathologically observed by light microscope at the time intervals of 1, 2 and 4 weeks after experiment.
The results were as follows:
1. In control and experimental groups, mild vascular congestion and bleeding were found in most of the specimens. Less inflammatory infiltration was observed in experimental groups than in control group.
2. Dentin bridge formation was found after 1 week at both control and experimental group 1. Dentin birdge had discontinuous osteodentin like appearance of contained some dentin chips. In experimental group 2, dentin bridge was not seen.
3. The coagulation necrosis layer on the remaining pulp tissues was seen in all groups. In experimental group 2, the thickest layer was observed. And in control group, coagulation necrosis layer was similar as in experimental group 1.