S-Space College of Natural Sciences (자연과학대학) Dept. of Physics and Astronomy (물리·천문학부) Physics (물리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_물리학전공)
Metal-ZnO Heterostructure Nanorods with an Abrupt Interface
- Park, Won Il; Jung, Suk Woo; Yi, Gyu-Chul; Oh, Sang Ho; Park, Chan Gyung; Kim, Miyoung
- Issue Date
- Japan Society of Applied Physics
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) L1206
- ZnO; nanorods; metal-semiconductor heterostructure; metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy (MOVPE); non-catalytic growth
- We report on metal-semiconductor heterostructure nanorods with an abrupt interface. The metal-semiconductor nanorods were fabricated simply by evaporating metal on vertically aligned ZnO nanorods. Before the fabrication of heterostructure nanorods, the ZnO nanorods were prepared by metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy. Since no metal catalyst is employed during the nanorod growth, the nanorods do not exhibit any metal clusters on their tips. When metal is evaporated on the vertically aligned nanorods, metal is deposited mainly on the tips of the nanorods. Transmission electron microscopy revealed that the Au-coated ZnO heterostructure nanorods exhibit an atomically sharp interface between ZnO and Au.
- 0021-4922 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.