S-Space College of Business Administration/Business School (경영대학/대학원) Institute of Management Research (경영연구소) 경영논집 경영논집 vol.16 (1982)
Findings from Systems Analysis on Absorption and Diffusion of Imported Foreign Technology
Cited 0 time in Web of Science Cited 0 time in Scopus
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 경영대학 경영연구소
- 경영논집, Vol.16 No.3, pp. 86-97
- This paper aims to systematize major findings from a case study on absorption and diffusion of imported machine technology into Korea during the 1970s. The author resorted to a systems approach in order to view the whole system macroscopically.
Even though the word system has been defined in many ways, all definitions incorporate a set of parts coordinated to accomplish a set of goals.
Regardless of the choice of definitions, one can outline five basic considerations which must be kept in mind when applying a systems approach:
1. total system objectives and more specifically, performance measures of the whole system
2. the systems environment or fixed constraints
3. components of the system, their activities and goals
4. resources of the system
5. control of the system
This paper will concentrate on what the objectives of industrial technology are, what environment the technological system is in, how the total system is supported by the activities of its subsystems, characteristics of the resources of the system, and finally, how the system should be controlled or managed.
- Files in This Item:
Items in S-Space are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.