S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 28 No.1 (1987)
Count of T-rosette-forming cells (T-RFC) in the Spleen of Young Rats Born to Azathioprine(lmuran)-administered Pregnant Rats
임신흰쥐의 장기 형성시에 투여된 Azathioprine(imuran)이 신생흰쥐 비장의 T-rosette 형성세포수에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Wang Jae; Shin, Chan Soo; Chang, Ka Young; Lee, Kwang Ho
- Issue Date
- Seoul J Med, Vol.28 No.1, pp. 1-6
- T-rosette-forming cells; Young rats born to azathioprine-administered pregnant rats; Thymus cell inoculation
- This experiment was performed through the rosette formation method to study
the inhibition mechanism of the immune response in the spleen of young rats born to
azathioprine-administered pregnant rats.
The following results were obtained.
1. In the group I consisting of animals born to normal pregnant rats and immunized with
sRBC after birth, there was increase in the number of RFC, compared with that in the group 0
consisting of animals born to normal pregnant rats and not immunized with sRBC.
2. In the group II consisting of animals born to azathioprine-administered pregnant rats and
immunized with sRBC, there was decrease in the number of RFC, compared with that in the
group I. However the group III, which consists of animals born to azathioprine-administered
pregnant rats and inoculated with thymus cells derived from outbred animals and simultaneously
immunized with sRBC, showed much more RFC than other groups.
3. Generally the 3rd day post sRBC injection groups showed more RFC than the 7th day
post sRBC injection groups.
4. The number of RFC increased with age in the sRBC-injected groups.
Above results suggested that peripheral T lymphocytes were depleted due to retarded fetal
development of thymus caused by azathioprine.