S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Mechanical Aerospace Engineering (기계항공공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_기계항공공학부)
Multi-dimensional limiting process for three-dimensional flow physics analyses
- Yoon, Sung-Hwan; Kim, Chongam; Kim, Kyu-Hong
- Issue Date
- Journal of Computational Physics. Vol.227 No.12, pp. 6001-6043
- Multi-dimensional limiting condition; Multi-dimensional limiter; High-speed compressible flows; TVD condition; Numerical oscillation
- The present paper deals with an efficient and accurate limiting strategy for multi-dimensional compressible flows. The multi-dimensional limiting process (MLP) which was successfully proposed in two-dimensional case [K.H. Kim, C. Kim, Accurate, efficient and monotonic numerical methods for multi-dimensional compressible flows. Part II: Multi-dimensional limiting process, J. Comput. Phys. 208 (2) (2005) 570-615] is modified and refined for three-dimensional application. For computational efficiency and easy implementation, the formulation of MLP is newly derived and extended to three-dimensional case without assuming local gradient. Through various test cases and comparisons, it is observed that the newly developed MLP is quite effective in controlling numerical oscillation in multi-dimensional flows including both continuous and discontinuous regions. In addition, compared to conventional TVD approach, MLP combined with improved flux functions does provide remarkable increase in accuracy, convergence and robustness in steady and unsteady three-dimensional compressible flows.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.