S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Periapical Tissue Responses and Cementum Regeneration with Amalgam, SuperEBA, and MTA as Root-End Filling Materials
- Baek, Seung-Ho; Plenk, Hanns; Kim, Syngcuk
- Issue Date
- American Association of Endodontists
- JOURNAL OF ENDODONTICS 2005;31:444-449.
- The purpose of this study was to compare the periapical tissue responses and cementum regeneration in response to three widely used root-end filling materials, amalgam, SuperEBA, and Mineral Trioxide Aggregate (MTA). These materials were placed using modern microsurgical techniques on endodontically treated dog premolars and molars. After 5 months, the cell and tissue reactions of surface-stained un-decalcified ground sections were evaluated by light microscopy and statistically analyzed. The major difference in the tissue responses to the three retrofilling materials were the degree of inflammation and types of inflammatory cells, number of fibrous capsule formations, cementum neoformation over these materials, osseous healing and resulting periodontal ligament thickness. MTA showed the most favorable periapical tissue response, with neoformation of cemental coverage over MTA. SuperEBA was superior to amalgam as a root-end filling material.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.