S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Internal Medicine (내과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_내과학전공)
Retrobulbar optic neuritis and meningoencephalitis following progressive outer retinal necrosis due to CMV in a patient with AIDS
- Park, K H; Bang, J H; Park, W B; Kim, H B; Kim, N J; Ahn, J K; Chang, K H; Oh, M D; Choe, K W
- Issue Date
- Urban & Vogel
- Infection. 2008 Oct;36(5):475-9.
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections/complications/*virology; Adult; Cytomegalovirus/physiology; Cytomegalovirus Infections/complications/*virology; Humans; Male; Meningoencephalitis/etiology/*virology; Optic Neuritis/etiology/*virology; Retinal Necrosis Syndrome, Acute/*virology
- We report on a 34-year-old male patient with AIDS who developed retrobulbar optic neuritis and meningoencephalitis following bilateral progressive outer retinal necrosis (PORN) caused by cytomegalovirus (CMV). This case documents the presumed association of PORN with retrobulbar optic neuritis, and CMV meningoencephalitis in an AIDS patient.
- 0300-8126 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.