S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Expression and functional dcharacterization of the system L amino acid transporter in KB human oral epidermoid carcinoma cells
- Park, Joo-Cheol; Yoon, Jung-Hoon; Kim, Youn-Bae; Kim, Myong-Soo; Kook, Joong-Ki; Jung, Hae-Man; Kim, Saeng-Gon; Yoo, Hoon; Ko, Yeong-Mu; Lee, Sang-Ho; Kim, Bong-Young; Chun, Hong-Sung; Kanai, Yoshikatsu; Endou, Hitoshi; Kim, Do-Kyung
- Issue Date
- CANCER LETTERS, 205 (2004).,215-226.
- author keywords; type amino acid transporter; KB human oral epidermoid carcinima cells; essential amino acids; anti-cancer therapy
- We have examined the expression and function of system amino acid transporter in KB human oral epidermoid carcinoma cells. The KB cells express -type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) in plasma membrane, but not -type amino acid transporter 2 (LAT2). The [14C]-leucine uptake by KB cells is inhibited by system selective inhibitor BCH. The majority of [14C]-leucine uptake is, therefore, mediated by LAT1. These results suggest that the transport of neutral amino acids including several essential amino acids into the KB cells mediated by LAT1 and the specific inhibition of LAT1 in oral cancer cells will be a new rationale for anti-cancer therapy
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.