S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Laboratory Medicine (검사의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_검사의학전공)
Establishment of a national on-line registry for apheresis in Korea
- Song, Eun Young; Yoon, Jong Hyun; Lee, Jong Wook; Park, Chong Won; Kwon, Seog Woon; Kim, Dae Won; Lim, Young Ae; Kim, Hyun Ok; Han, Kyou Sup
- Issue Date
- Transfus Apher Sci. 2008 Apr;38(2):93-100. Epub 2008 Mar 21.
- Blood Component Removal/instrumentation/*methods; Computers; Humans; Internet; Korea; Plasma Exchange/instrumentation/*methods; Plasmapheresis; *Registries; *Societies, Medical; Software; Treatment Outcome
- National apheresis registries can be used to evaluate changes in technology, clinical indications, and applications over the years. Since the establishment of the Korean Society of Apheresis (KSFA) in 1999, basic data on the status of apheresis have been collected using letters and e-mails on a biennial basis. In February 2006, a KSFA homepage and an on-line apheresis registry were constructed (http://www.apheresis.or.kr/). The registry consists of two sub-registries, one addressing overall aspects, e.g., the numbers and types of apheresis machines, total numbers of apheresis procedures, and the other addressing therapeutic plasmapheresis, e.g., diagnoses, modes of treatment, instrument used, replacement fluids, volumes processed, vascular access, anticoagulants, complications, and clinical responses. Data registered on-line is presumed to represent about 95% of total apheresis procedures performed in Korea. In this report, we introduce our on-line registry system and compared the data obtained by on-line registry with the previous ones.
- 1473-0502 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.