S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Surgery (외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_외과학전공)
Congenital cystic choristoma mimicking cervical lymphangioma
- Moon, Suk-Bae; Park, Kwi-Won; Yun, Woong-Jae; Patten, Phillip P; Jung, Sung-Eun
- Issue Date
- J Pediatr Surg. 2008 ;43(9):e5-7.
- Choristoma/*congenital/*diagnosis; Cysts/*congenital/*diagnosis; Diagnosis, Differential; Female; Head and Neck Neoplasms/*diagnosis; Humans; Infant, Newborn; Lymphangioma/*diagnosis; *Neck; *Salivary Glands
- Choristoma is a tissue or mass with a normal histology at an abnormal location, and cystic choristoma has rarely been reported in the head and neck region. Cervical cystic masses in neonates are usually diagnosed as cystic lymphangioma. The authors present a case of a congenital laterocervical cystic mass that appeared to be lymphangioma, but which turned out to be a cystic choristoma.
- 1531-5037 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.