S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 26 No.4 (1985)
Study on In vitro Fertilization of Mouse
생쥐난자의 체외수정에 관한 연구
- Issue Date
- Seoul J Med, Vol.26 No.4, pp. 361-368
- The success of human in vitro fertilization (IVF) and embryo transfer (ET) has
focused attention on the culture conditions that can provide optimal development of the
preimplantation embryo. Studies of in vitro fertilization using mouse have direct implications to
human IVF, since similar conditions are used for both species. Mouse IVF was studied with
special reference to the condition of culture media and vessels since April 1984.
The results were summarized as follows:
1. Egg retrieval after superovulation in mice was 17.14±4.79 eggs per mouse.
2. About fifty percent of eggs retrieved showed good quality which has no evidence of
fragmentation of the ooplasm or globules of unequal size.
3. In comparison with two media and two culture vessels after 72 hours in vitro culture,
cleavage rates (six to eight-cell blastocyst) were 9.7% (Ham's F-10 in dish), 10.9% (Ham's
F-10 in tube), 21.0% (m-KRB in dish), and 36.6% (m-KRB in tube) respectively.
4. Am-KRB medium was superior to Ham's F-10 in developing mouse embryo.
It was suggested that mouse IVF system has a valuable place in a quality control system of
human IVF and a research model.